Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 WiFi P3110 Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update Anjan Reddy A.R MobilesWhen Apple was ruling the tablet market with iPad’s, Samsung made an entry in the year 2010 with the Samsung Galaxy Tab. After that, a number revised models were released and a new model called the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 model was launched few months back. If one is looking for a small and elegant android based tablet then this is the right choice for you.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 was launched with android 4.0 ice cream sandwich and Samsung has started rolling out the android 4.1 jelly bean update for it. The update is only available for the WI-FI versions and those with the 3G version will have to wait a little more. However, the update has been rolled out only in France as of now and is expected to reach other countries soon.
The 4,000mAh battery offers sufficient battery backup that can last for at least eight hours. It has only one rear camera of 3-megapixel that can be used to capture stills and videos. One should not expect anything stunning from it. The Wi-Fi versions of the tablet are available with 8 GB and 16 GB of storage capacity and also have a microSD card slot with which one can upgrade it to 32 GB. The 3G version is also available with both the storage options.
The tablet is available in every retail store for £148. One can also buy it online in almost every major online store. If one looks a little on different websites they might be able to get one at a better price.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 WiFi P3110 :-The android 4.1 jelly bean update is available for the Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 via Samsung Kies as well as over the air. One can check the update by going to Settings/About tablet/System Update/Update. One can even upgrade it manually by following the steps below.
Note: Make sure that you backup all your data before the process as it can reset your device to factory settings. Moreover, we do not take any responsibility of the process below and it should be carried out on your own risk.
1. You need to have the Odin software. Click here to download.
2. Next, you need the firmware file of android 4.1 jelly bean update. Click here to download. Extract the contents of the downloaded .zip file on your system.
3. Restart your tablet in the download mode by pressing the power and volume up button together till a message appear and then press the volume down button.
4. Launch the Odin software on your system.
5. With the help of a USB cable, connect your device to the system. If your device is connected successfully, a message box will appear in the bottom left saying “Added”.
6. You need to select a few files in the same order as below.
a. Click PDA and select Code
b. Click Tablet and select Modem
c. Click CSC and select CSC
d. Click PIT and select .pit
e. Note: Ignore last three steps if such files are not found
7. Begin with the installation process.
8. Successful installation is indicated by a message boxing saying “Pass” (with a green background). The device will reboot automatically. Once the Samsung logo appears, you can disconnect from the system.